Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

CHAIR PADS - EASY TO SEW CHAIR PADS

It's always very exciting to return to the house we call "home". Looking around the kitchen, I realised we needed two extra bench stools. I managed to find two stools at the salvos and they are very new looking. As always, I have to add my personal touch to them, so I decided to sew some chair pads.
Here goes:


BENCH STOOLS 
CHAIR PADS
I had 4 pieces of fabric, 2 for the front and 2 for the back. I have used cotton batting as a filler. Each piece of material is cut to the size of the seat with a 3-inch seam. 


CHAIR PADS
Pin the 3 pieces of material together - front piece, the cotton batting, back piece. 


CHAIR PADS
Sew around the circumference to the size of the seat. Then sew an outer circumference around the first circle. Make an allowance of 2-inch space between the two circles. 


CHAIR PADS
Sew a length of wide elastic onto the edge of the circle. 


EASY-TO-SEW CHAIR PADS
Slip the chair pads over the bench stools - here we are : home made chair pads. 


HOME MADE CHAIR PADS
**Did you notice that these are 3-legged bench stools? Beautiful design!

No comments:

Post a Comment