Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2011

LEMON & ALMOND TARTS



I was at Fremantle two weeks ago and had tea with my lovely daughter. She had tea with scones while I had tea with an almond tart. The tart was simply divine and I just cannot forget the taste!!
Today, I have decided to bake some, using a recipe I found on the Internet (BBCgoodfood.com) They turned out quite well , but still not as good as the one I ate at Fremantle. But for now, I am happy to have tea with my very own home baked lemon & almond tart!!!  

LEMON & ALMOND TARTS -getting ready to be baked

LEMON & ALMOND TARTS - getting ready to be baked

LEMON & ALMOND TARTS

Here's the recipe: (BBC Goodfood.com

LEMON ALMOND TARTS

 INGREDIENTS

·  350g ready-made sweet pastry
·  100g softened butter
·  100g caster sugar ** (I have used 80g instead of 100g)
·  zest 2 lemons
·  2 eggs
·  75g ground almonds
·  25g plain flour
·  6 tbsp lemon curd
·  25g flaked almonds
·  icing sugar for dusting
·  cream  to serve (optional)

METHOD:
  1. Heat the oven to 180C/convection 160C/gas 5. (I have changed the temperature setting)
  2. Line six 10cm x 2cm loose-bottomed tartlet tins with the pastry.
  3. To make the frangipane, beat the butter, sugar and zest until creamy.
  4. Add the eggs one by one with a spoonful of the ground almonds. Mix in the remaining ground almonds and flour, spread lemon curd over the tart bases and spoon the frangipane on top. Scatter over the flaked almonds.
  5. Place in a baking tray and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the sponge is golden and puffed. Remove from the tins and serve warm , dusted with icing sugar and cream if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment