Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

PANTS REPURPOSED - EASY TO SEW BAG

I looked for the meaning of the word "repurpose" and there's one that says "To use or convert for use in another format or product". 
These days, we are just so quick to trash things that have been unused over a period of time and often than not, we don't feel it's wasteful. I share the same guilt  because sometimes, I think it takes too much effort to drop those unwanted stuff into a charity bin! You see, our trash bin is just in the yard, near the kitchen and all I have to do is to walk a few steps to that bin!!
Since returning to Perth and having sorted out the things around the house, I found this pair of purple pants which has served its purpose for many years now. Shall I trash it, donate it or keep it? Since purple is my favourite colour, I have decided to keep the pants and have it "repurposed".
This is what I have to done:

PURPLE PANTS

PANTS REPURPOSED INTO A BAG
Cut out the seams and hemlines of the pants. 


PANTS REPURPOSED INTO A BAG
I have saved the pieces of hemline with the sequins.


PANTS REPURPOSED INTO A BAG
Fold the pants then taper the seam lines. 


TEMPLATE FOR PANTS REPURPOSED
Tuck in half an inch along the dotted lines and hem it down.
Sew the short edge "A" to the opposite edge "B".


PURPLE ROSETTE
I have used some remnant cloth to make a rosette.


PANTS REPURPOSED INTO A BAG
Sew the waistline together to form the base of the bag.
I have used the pieces with the cut off hemline (with sequins) to hold the strap down.
The rosette completes the look of this PANTS REPURPOSED BAG!! 


PANTS REPURPOSED INTO A BAG
Now I can keep my pants  - for a new purpose!

No comments:

Post a Comment